Monday, June 15, 2009

French Dip Sandwiches

I love this crock pot recipe and have shared it with many friends! It is easy, and smells so savory that it makes my dog droll the entire time it is cooking. Serve with crusty bread, or whatever buns you like best!

I even cut the roast in half and prepare a 1-2 pound roast for dinner me and my hubby!


5 yums I will share this recipe with friends!


12 servings
Ingredients
1 (3 1/2- to 4-pound) boneless chuck roast, trimmed
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 beef bouillon cube
1 bay leaf
3 to 4 peppercorns
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon garlic powder
12 French sandwich rolls, split
Preparation
Place trimmed roast in a 5-quart slow cooker. Combine soy sauce and next 6 ingredients; pour over roast. Add water to slow cooker until roast is almost covered.
Cook, covered, on low 7 hours or until very tender. Remove roast, reserving broth; shred roast with a fork. Place roast in rolls, and serve with reserved broth for dipping.


Southern Living, OCTOBER 1997

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers